|Terrible photo but I didn't think of taking one until I was at the end of the bowl. As in eating right out of said bowl. Don't judge- you know you do it too!|
This chicken salad is actually both gluten free and dairy free. I didn't invent the wheel here. I've been eating this or a version of it for years. But as I am using this blog as my personal recipe organization system, it is becoming a post. I'm pretty sure no one but my Bestie is reading this blog anyway.
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
* 1 medium apple (Granny Smith is my favorite), chopped small
* 1/4 cup dried fruit. (raisins, cranberries, chopped apricots, cherries, etc)
* 1/2 cup mayo
* 3 tbls applesauce
* 1 tbls maple syrup
* 1/2 tsp dried parsley
* 1 tsp curry powder, divided
* 1/4 tsp allspice or cinnamon
* salt and pepper to taste
* evoo spray
* Cut up chicken, removing any excess fat. Saute in pan using EVOO spray. Toss in salt, pepper, half the curry powder and towards the end of the cooking time, maple syrup.
* Let chicken cool completely.
* In a bowl, mix mayo, applesauce, remaining herbs and spices, apples and dried fruit (pictured is half golden raisins and half cranberries).
* Add cooled chicken. Toss to coat. Double check for salt and pepper- add more if needed.
* Best if served after sitting in the fridge for at least an hour.