A few weeks ago I scored a great deal on carrots at the grocery store and then sort of forgot to do something with them. Typical. So this past weekend I decided they needed to be used and made a little slaw-ish salad out of them that is sooo yummy.
* Apple cider vinegar
* Maple syrup (real and only real) or honey
* Salt and pepper
* Shred carrots in food processor.
* In a bowl, mix vinegar, oil, maple syrup, salt and pepper. I'm not giving measurements because it depends on how many carrots you're using. This is essentially a salad dressing though so you really can't go wrong. Just eyeball it.
* Add in carrots and raisins. Mix to incorporate. Taste to be sure you have enough seasoning and dressing. It does not need to be wet as the carrots will give off some moisture as they sit too. Just enough to coat everything.
* It's yummy right away but best if you let it sit in the fridge at least an hour.
* Garlic or onion powder
* Chopped scallions
* Dried cranberries