I've cooked bunches lately but have totally slacked when it comes to blogging recipes. I know this photo looks gross but I swear this was so tasty. And simple. Hardly a recipe really.
Fair warning, this is less healthy than I typically eat at dinner. But it's just really good comfort food. And sometimes we all need a little bowl of cozy.
* Cooked pasta
* 1 medium onion, sliced thin
* 2-3 cloves minced garlic
* Jar of tomato sauce
* 2 tablespoons cream cheese
* Meat of choice- I used frozen shrimp and muscles.
* Veggie of choice- I used frozen broccoli.
* Shredded cheese- I like something sharp personally
* Salt and pepper to taste
* Heat EVOO in pan and cook onions until translucent and approaching caramelized. At the very end, add garlic for a few moments. Remove onions and garlic from pan.
* Add jar of tomato sauce and cream cheese to pan. Melt cream cheese into sauce.
* In large bowl, combine cooked, drained gluten free pasta, cream cheese tomato sauce, onions, garlic, veggie, and meat/protein together.
* Pour into large baking dish. Generously top with shredded cheese of choice.
* Bake at 350 until cheese is golden and bubbly. About 20-30 mins will do just fine.
Easy peasy comfort food. Add a salad and you can pretend it counteracts all the cheese. Ha! It's excellent reheated the following day, too.
This would be just as tasty with ground turkey/beef, chickpeas, or mushrooms too. And I love peas and spinach as much as broccoli. Such a flexible recipe.