Saturday, October 30, 2010

Bakery On Main

I was lucky enough to sample some tasty breakfast treats from Bakery On Main.  This was a big treat and I discovered that the granolas are actually sold in my Price Chopper (regular grocery store like Kroger and Publix).  I plan to continue eating these in the morning.  So yum-o!



I love love love their packaging.  If I've said it once, I'll say it a thousand times that I am a big sucker for great packaging.  And I love that their philosophy is "food that is good for you should taste good too!"  Bakery On Main worked hard to find ingredients that were certified GF to ensure that no cross-contamination situation would make customers ill.



There was not a single product that I didn't LOVE.  I enjoyed each packet of granola with almond milk and they were good to the last drop.  I am trying to lower my dairy intake and don't really love soy stuff but I bet they would be fantastic over yogurt.



The Nutty Cranberry Maple Granola was my absolute favorite!  I was excited to buy a big bag of it last week in the grocery store.  Delish!



All of these were great but my very favorite was the Extreme Trail Mix Granola Bar.  It has 5 grams of fat and 170 calories.  The granolas have between 6 and 12 grams of fat per half cup.  Higher in fat than a bowl of rice cereal but a really yummy breakfast treat all the same.

All of these products are all natural, gluten and wheat free, dairy and casein free, cholesterol free, and trans fat free.   Oh and they have a few fun recipes listed on their website too.  I love when companies think ahead and offer recipe suggestions to curious customers.

1 comment: