Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Clafouti

I found this great recipe for Clafouti and immediately knew I had to try it.  I used frozen, defrosted, drained blueberries.  And it was fantastic!  I made it as a desert but ate it again the next day as a breakfast.  The batter is very light- not terribly sweet.  Sort of like a giant pancake souffle.  I am posting the recipe I used, slightly altered from hers, because mine is both GF and DF. 

Clafouti


Ingredients:
1 cup fruit (I used blueberries)
3 tbsp flour
3 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
2 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Grated zest of 1/2 lemon (I didn't have a lemon on hand so I just tossed in extra vanilla)

Double or triple the recipe if needed. 

Directions:
Place all ingredients but fruits in bowl and mix well with mixer.
Add the fruit.
Grease your dish very well.  Like seriously don't skip this step!
Pour batter with fruit into dish and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.*


Before it went into the oven.  Pretty purple.


Just out of the oven.  All poofy and pretty.


Out of the oven a bit and it sinks down.  Don't worry, it tastes fabulous!


* I tripled this recipe and it took close to 70 minutes.  Just check to be sure the center is baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment